Meatballs and Potato Hotdish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Busy nights call for busy night dinners, like this heartwarming family recipe for Meatballs and Potato Hotdish. It's an all-in-one meal that features some of their favorite flavors. In every bite, there's lots of beefy, creamy, potato-y goodness. (Oh, and a good-for-you serving of veggies too!) Serve this up and watch them chow down.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28-ounce) package frozen cocktail-sized meatballs
- 1 (12-ounce) packaged frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen potato nuggets
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Sauté onion for 3 minutes or until tender. Add meatballs and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables, soup, milk, sour cream, pepper and 1-1/2 cups cheese, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish. Top with potatoes and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and the top is golden.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Starting with a few refrigerated and frozen shortcuts, like we did here can make dinnertime a breeze. Make sure you stock-up on these staples so you can make this your new go-to weeknight dinner.
(For more quick, easy and tasty recipes using the convenience of frozen and refrigerated foods, click here.)
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 865
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62g 96 %
- Saturated Fat 25g 123 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 69 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,950mg 81 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 5.4g 0 %