King Ranch Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Our King Ranch Breakfast Bake recipe was inspired by all those hardworking Texas ranch-hands who always start their day with a hearty breakfast. This Tex-Mex style breakfast casserole is absolutely stuffed with everything your gang needs to get the day going!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cubed
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes, tortilla strips, chicken, and 2 cups cheese in baking dish; toss together until well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, and salt and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup, and milk; mix well. Pour over bread mixture, then spoon vegetable mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Uncover baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set in center.
There's a dinner-style version of this casserole too - check out our King Ranch Casserole!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 528
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 301mg 100 %
- Sodium 1,238mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!