King Ranch Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Our King Ranch Breakfast Bake recipe was inspired by all those hardworking Texas ranch-hands who always start their day with a hearty breakfast. This Tex-Mex style breakfast casserole is absolutely stuffed with everything your gang needs to get the day going!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cubed
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes, tortilla strips, chicken, and 2 cups cheese in baking dish; toss together until well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, and salt and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup, and milk; mix well. Pour over bread mixture, then spoon vegetable mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Uncover baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set in center.
There's a dinner-style version of this casserole too - check out our King Ranch Casserole!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 528
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 301mg 100 %
- Sodium 1,238mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!