King Ranch Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Our King Ranch Breakfast Bake recipe was inspired by all those hardworking Texas ranch-hands who always start their day with a hearty breakfast. This Tex-Mex style breakfast casserole is absolutely stuffed with everything your gang needs to get the day going!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cubed
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes, tortilla strips, chicken, and 2 cups cheese in baking dish; toss together until well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, and salt and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup, and milk; mix well. Pour over bread mixture, then spoon vegetable mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Uncover baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set in center.
There's a dinner-style version of this casserole too - check out our King Ranch Casserole!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 528
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 301mg 100 %
- Sodium 1,238mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!