German Black Bottom Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Just when you thought you knew what to expect with German Chocolate Cake, we've gone and given it a new twist. What's the twist? Now it's got a Chocolate Cheesecake bottom. It can't get better than this!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) package German sweet chocolate bar, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until well blended. Add 2 eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla then pour mixture into pie crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm; let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg until lightly beaten. Place in a small saucepan and add evaporated milk, butter, and the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; heat over medium-low heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut and pecans; let cool. Spread over the top of the cheesecake; cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.
German sweet chocolate can be found in the baking section of your supermarket, near the other baking chocolate.