German Black Bottom Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 5 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Just when you thought you knew what to expect with German Chocolate Cake, we've gone and given it a new twist. What's the twist? Now it's got a Chocolate Cheesecake bottom. It can't get better than this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) package German sweet chocolate bar, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until well blended. Add 2 eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla then pour mixture into pie crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm; let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg until lightly beaten. Place in a small saucepan and add evaporated milk, butter, and the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; heat over medium-low heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut and pecans; let cool. Spread over the top of the cheesecake; cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.
German sweet chocolate can be found in the baking section of your supermarket, near the other baking chocolate.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.