Caribbean Chicken Ambrosia
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're feelin' hot, hot, hot, wouldn't it be nice to have a refreshing taste of the tropics in the form of a salad? This fruity chicken salad recipe is perfect for those summer days you'd like to spend in a paradise of flavor. So enjoy our Caribbean Chicken Ambrosia poolside, while the tropical breeze carries you away to creamy chicken salad satisfaction.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (see Note)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 leaves Bibb or romaine lettuce
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients except lettuce; toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Place lettuce on a serving platter or divide among 6 serving plates; top with chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
- To enhance the flavor of the coconut, spread it on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown. This gives it a little something extra to boost the tropical flavor!
- Can't get enough deli salads? Don't miss our Deliciously Easy Egg Salad Recipes, or our Best Coleslaw Recipes, and our other Divine Deli Salads!
- We've got more where that came from with our No Bake Potato Salad, and our Italian Tortellini Salad. Plus, our Cauliflower & Broccoli Salad is a thing of beauty.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!