Chinatown Chicken Tenders
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like the flavor combination of spicy hot and sweet tangy flavors that we get in Chinese food. Here's how we can get those tastes at home, with our own Chinatown Chicken Tenders!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into finger-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the chicken pieces and saute until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, minced garlic, and hot pepper sauce; set aside 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the reserved 1/4 cup of sauce and blend; pour over the chicken and continue cooking, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Serve over 2 cups of hot cooked rice.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got the best southern coleslaw recipe around! It's big on taste and crunch, with the Tex-Mex flavors everyone loves! Our Texas Slaw comes with an optional kick if you're feeling a little adventurous! This is the perfect southern coleslaw recipe to impress the guests this summer!