Chop Chop Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With our recipe for Chop Chop Chicken, you can show off your knife skills and put a mouthwatering meal on the table! This fresh and flavorful dish is an all-in-one recipe that's full of chopped veggies, chicken, and yellow rice.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups hot cooked yellow rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped grilled chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place rice in baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in black beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour bean mixture over rice. Top evenly with chicken and cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon salsa over cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Dollop with sour cream before serving.
- In keeping with the Tex-Mex-inspired flavoring of this recipe, we suggest you finish off your meal with our Mixed Berry Nacho dessert.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 421
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 1,520mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.