Buttermilk Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crispy, crunchy, incredible...those are just a few of the words that come to mind after just one bite. Maybe we should make a double batch 'cause it gets snatched up so quickly!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (3 to 3-1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Fry coated chicken in batches 8 to 10 minutes per side, until golden and no pink remains. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- If your skillet isn't large enough to fry all the chicken at once, make sure to fry some of the dark meat and white meat at the same time to get the best flavor.
- Make sure to complete the meal with a side of our Southern Slaw!
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!