We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's got a funny name, but it's really good. This chicken dish is coated in a seasoned flour mixture and sauteed for a crispy-coat. Then it's baked-off in a pan-sauce for a tender finish. French-inspired Poulet Marengo is classically delicious.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and basil. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture; reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat; saute the chicken until light golden.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish. Reduce heat to low, then add the remaining flour mixture to the oil and butter in the skillet; stir until well blended. Add the wine, a little at a time, stirring with a wisk or a spoon until smooth and thick. Add the mushrooms, garlic, sugar, and tomatoes, stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I like this served over pasta with sauce from the pan.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.