We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's got a funny name, but it's really good. This chicken dish is coated in a seasoned flour mixture and sauteed for a crispy-coat. Then it's baked-off in a pan-sauce for a tender finish. French-inspired Poulet Marengo is classically delicious.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and basil. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture; reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat; saute the chicken until light golden.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish. Reduce heat to low, then add the remaining flour mixture to the oil and butter in the skillet; stir until well blended. Add the wine, a little at a time, stirring with a wisk or a spoon until smooth and thick. Add the mushrooms, garlic, sugar, and tomatoes, stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I like this served over pasta with sauce from the pan.
- Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
- Grandma's Gourmet Chicken Pot Pie
- Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes: 6 Barbecue Chicken Recipes
- Old-Fashioned Chicken
- Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
- Classic Fried Chicken
- The Best Chicken Tenders Ever
- Baked Crispy Chicken
- Chicken & Veggie Shepherd's Pie
- Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites