Chocolate Chocolate Chunks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hoo boy, a rich-tasting chocolate cookie that's quick and simple to make. Will they love 'em? You bet!
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars; add the vanilla and mix well. Add the cocoa and beat until well blended. Add the cream and, on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture; beat until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets; flatten the cookies slightly. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Do not overbake (the cookies should feel soft when done.)
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen.