We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're gonna fall in love with this unexpected cookie recipe because it's so darn easy and absolutely delicious. Our no-bake Chocolate Haystacks use a not-so-traditional ingredient to give that "haystack" look and deliver a decadent peanut butter and chocolate flavor you just can't resist.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 (6-ounce) package chow mein noodles, coarsely broken
What to Do
- Place the chocolate and peanut butter chips and the vegetable shortening in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 1 minute then stir the mixture. Microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring frequently, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. With a spoon, stir in the chow mein noodles until well combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a waxed-paper lined cookie sheet. Chill for about 1 hour, or until firm.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.