Mint Julep Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Light and sweet Mint Julep Balls are the perfect treat for a Kentucky Derby party...or any party at all! This recipe yields about three dozen balls, so bring a big appetite!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups crumbled vanilla wafers
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup bourbon (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, the cocoa, and nuts until well mixed. Add the bourbon, corn syrup, and peppermint extract and mix with your hands until the mixture holds together.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls then dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- You may substitute apple juice for the bourbon, if you prefer.
- We don't know about you, but this just puts us in the mood for some Fresh Lemonade!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!