Mother's Day Sugar Cookies
Mother's Day cookies are a great way to show Mom how much you care!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 (depending on size of cookie cutters)
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Our Mother's Day Sugar Cookies are the perfect dessert to serve to someone as sweet as mom, because this sugar cookie recipe is easy to make, easy to decorate, and easy to enjoy! She's going to appreciate the time, creativity, and love you put into these cookies, but she'll love the flavor even more!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and lemon extract until smooth and creamy. Add egg; mix well. Add 3-1/2 cups flour all at once and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle extra flour generously on work surface. Work with half the dough at a time and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out dough, and place them on baking sheets. Repeat until all the dough is used up, re-rolling the trimmings as needed.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. (Do not allow cookies to brown.) Cool on wire racks.
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- To decorate these delicious cookies, we recommend using small candies, gels, or sprinkles. Have fun with it! This easy Mother's Day cookie recipe is a great way to show Mom that you appreciate her. It also shows that you don't need to spend a lot of money in order to make this Mother's Day a special one. Decorate these cookies with designs that are unique to your mom, such as her favorite flower, a quote from her favorite movie, or music notes for a music-loving mom!
- Our cookie jar is always full of delicious cookies, like our delectable Raspberry Windows. Our Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with a secret ingredient, and you'll love the classic taste of our Vanilla Sugar Cookies!
- For something different, try one our Easy Cookie Bar Recipes; you'll get all the cookie flavor with half the effort!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
We've got even more sugar cookie recipes in here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 295
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 133mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.