Mother's Day Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 (depending on size of cookie cutters)
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Our Mother's Day Sugar Cookies are the perfect dessert to serve to someone as sweet as mom, because this sugar cookie recipe is easy to make, easy to decorate, and easy to enjoy! She's going to appreciate the time, creativity, and love you put into these cookies, but she'll love the flavor even more!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and lemon extract until smooth and creamy. Add egg; mix well. Add 3-1/2 cups flour all at once and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle extra flour generously on work surface. Work with half the dough at a time and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out dough, and place them on baking sheets. Repeat until all the dough is used up, re-rolling the trimmings as needed.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. (Do not allow cookies to brown.) Cool on wire racks.
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- To decorate these delicious cookies, we recommend using small candies, gels, or sprinkles. Have fun with it!
- Our cookie jar is always full of delicious cookies, like our delectable Raspberry Windows. Our Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with a secret ingredient, and you'll love the classic taste of our Vanilla Sugar Cookies!
- For something different, try one our Easy Cookie Bar Recipes; you'll get all the cookie flavor with half the effort!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
We've got even more sugar cookie recipes in here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 295
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 133mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!