Double Chocolate Chewies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs until well combined. Slowly beat in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still slightly soft. Cool cookies 1 minute on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Unless you prefer your cookies crispy, make sure you don’t overbake these. That way they’ll be fudgy delicious, along side an ice cold glass of milk!
- Looking for more special chocolate chip cookie recipes? We love these Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies because of their secret ingredient. Our Maui Chocolate Chip Cookies will take you on a tropical dessert vacation, and our Nutty Chocolate Chippers are the most flavor packed chocolate chip cookie out there!
- Cookies should be loads of fun to make, as well as eat! That's why we've got some unique ways to make cookies right here! Try our collection of Fun Cookie Recipes, or our popular Candy Bar Slab Cookies.
- Craving something a little more traditional? You'll love our Homemade Shortbread Cookie Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).