We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 Dozen
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
Nothing fancy schmancy about these Chocolate Shortbreads. They may look it because of their wavy edges, but they are just plain chocolaty goodness.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until blended. Add butter and vanilla; process until mixture forms a ball, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut into 1-inch by 3-1/2-inch strips, using a fluted pastry cutter or sharp knife. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake strips 18 to 22 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
No fancy cookie cutters for these wavy, shapely shortbread cookies. Just roll out the dough and whip out a fluted pastry cutter to cut wavy-edged cookies in record time.