Doubly Chocolate Chewies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could possibly be better than a chocolate cookie, except a chocolate cookie with twice the chocolate?!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; add to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheets.
Makes about 30.