We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate the holiday season with delicious honey-flavored cookies the whole family will love.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Colored granulated ("crystal") sugar (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the honey and egg yolk and continue beating, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed, another 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour and baking powder. Continue beating, scraping the bowl often, until just mixed, about 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with 2-1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars, if desired. Bake for 7 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute, then remove from the cookie sheets.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
If the cookies seem to spread, the dough is too soft. Refrigerate the dough until it is well chilled and try again. If you'd like to make traditional holiday shapes, try cookie cutters in the shape of the Star of David, menorahs, and dreidels. And if you'd like, decorate these with frosting after they're completely cool.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 92
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.0g 2 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 55mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 7.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.