Karen's Buttery Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 60 (5 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Karen, from Blue Lake, California explains that the best part of this recipe is being able to personalize the cookies however you like. You can make them fruity, add some chocolate or sprinkles -- whatever you like!
What You'll Need
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves for filling (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. If dough is too wet to roll into balls with your hands, add flour until dry enough. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets 1 inch apart. Press thumb into center of each cookie ball to make an indentation. Fill each "imprint" with about 1/4 teaspoon each of preserves.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
The amount of preserves you'll use will depend upon the size of your thumbprints! And be sure to use preserves, 'cause jams and jellies tend to liquefy while baking.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Calories 158
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 71mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 5.4g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love to make pancakes from scratch, then you'll love our Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes! These easy pancakes are going to make breakfast time that much sweeter! The juicy blueberries, and perfectly creamy cream cheese make these pancakes the most decadent breakfast ever served.