Cherry Surprise Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 (about 2 dozen cookies)
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Not only is the center of each cookie a surprise, but our recipe for Cherry Surprise Cookies is also surprisingly simple, too! These are the perfect cookie jar treat.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen candied cherries (see Options)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls then press a cherry into the center of each. Reshape each into a ball, completely covering the cherries.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes then cool on wire racks.
You can substitute dates, almonds, or walnuts for the candied cherries and surprise your gang every time you make these cookies.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 155
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 5.8g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 121mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 7.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).