Molasses Coconut Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is another great summer cookie, because no oven means a cool kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in the orange juice, flour, maple syrup, molasses, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the dough leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and 1 cup of coconut.
- Cool, then add the cereal and raisins, mixing well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll each ball in the remaining coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!