Oatmeal Chippers in a Jar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make 'em feel just a bit more chipper by gifting 'em these tasty Oatmeal Chippers. This cookie mix is loaded with nuts, chocolate, and of course, quick-cooking oats!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Quart-size canning jar
What to Do
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well and pour into canning jar, tapping jar on counter to level ingredients.
- Add to jar in turn: oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnuts, and chocolate chips, tapping jar on counter to level after each addition. Seal jar, and decorate, if desired.
Don't forget to attach a copy of the cooking instructions to the jar! You can hand write the instructions or print them out HERE!
Oatmeal Chippers Baking Instructions
Makes About 36 Cookies
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Empty contents of jar into large bowl; add 1 stick melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix until completely blended; mixture will be thick.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.