Oatmeal Chippers in a Jar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make 'em feel just a bit more chipper by gifting 'em these tasty Oatmeal Chippers. This cookie mix is loaded with nuts, chocolate, and of course, quick-cooking oats!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Quart-size canning jar
What to Do
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; mix well and pour into canning jar, tapping jar on counter to level ingredients.
- Add to jar in turn: oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnuts, and chocolate chips, tapping jar on counter to level after each addition. Seal jar, and decorate, if desired.
Don't forget to attach a copy of the cooking instructions to the jar! You can hand write the instructions or print them out HERE!
Oatmeal Chippers Baking Instructions
Makes About 36 Cookies
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Empty contents of jar into large bowl; add 1 stick melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix until completely blended; mixture will be thick.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.