Peppermint Crunch Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Call 'em Candy Cane Cookies, call 'em Peppermint Crunch Balls... They won't be able to keep their hands out of the holiday cookie jar when you bake up a batch of these buttery, minty sweets! Talk about a festive Christmas cookie recipe you'll want to make year after year!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely crushed candy canes
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and the peppermint and vanilla extracts; beat until well blended.
- Gradually add flour and salt; mix until thoroughly blended. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine candy cane crumbs and granulated sugar. Shape chilled cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in the candy cane mixture, coating completely. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is one of our Top 10 Peppermint Recipes! Click here to see what other recipes made the list!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!