We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 60 (5 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Poinsettia Cookies are as tasty as they are lovely. Red candied cherry wedges and butterscotch chips create the pattern of a poinsettia on each cookie.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (4 ounces) red candied cherries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, water, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup butterscotch chips and the coconut. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut the candied cherries in half, and cut each half into three slices.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball and place a butterscotch chip in the center of each. Arrange 5 cherry slices in a circular pattern around each butterscotch chip to resemble the pattern of a poinsettia.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm but not brown. Cool the cookies for about 1 minute on the baking sheets then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields about three dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!