Rascal House Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There used to be a famous deli on Miami Beach that served the most amazing macaroons. Now you can make them in your own kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-ounce) packages shredded coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the coconut in a large bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until sugar dissolves and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and pour over coconut; mix well.
- With your hands, squeeze together 1/2-cupfuls of the mixture to form slightly rounded mounds (an ice cream scoop works, too). Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, until macaroons begin to color slightly. Turn off oven and allow macaroons to sit about 15 minutes (with the oven door closed), until they turn golden.