Rascal House Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There used to be a famous deli on Miami Beach that served the most amazing macaroons. Now you can make them in your own kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 (14-ounce) packages shredded coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the coconut in a large bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until sugar dissolves and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and pour over coconut; mix well.
- With your hands, squeeze together 1/2-cupfuls of the mixture to form slightly rounded mounds (an ice cream scoop works, too). Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, until macaroons begin to color slightly. Turn off oven and allow macaroons to sit about 15 minutes (with the oven door closed), until they turn golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.