We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Cookies
- 17 Min
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
These chocolate macaroons are perfect for spring with pastel jelly beans resting inside their nest-like shape. Try 'em any time of the year, and add your favorite candy pieces to the delectable confections.
What You'll Need
- 1 (7-ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 60 pastel jelly beans
What to Do
- Stir together coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside. Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe 1-quart bowl at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes, stirring twice. Let stand on counter to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg whites, vanilla, and salt. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour into coconut mixture, stirring well.
- Line baking sheets with lightly greased parchment paper. Drop coconut mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Make an indentation in the middle of each mound with thumb to form a nest.
- Bake 14 minutes or until bottoms are crisp. (Centers will be soft.) Remove from oven; press 3 jelly beans into center of each nest. Cool 10 minutes on prepared baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 227
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 39mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!