Baked Spiced Fruit
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Side dish or dessert? It doesn't matter, that's the beauty of Baked Spiced Fruit. It's so versatile and it'll have the whole gang chatting for weeks.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can apricot halves in light syrup, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can peach halves, drained
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon
- Dash of salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Cut apricot, pear, and peach halves in half; place in a 7- x 11-inch baking dish along with pineapple.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 minutes. Pour over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Remove cloves and cinnamon stick before serving. Serve warm.
This casserole is an easy summer or winter dish that's equally good hot or cold. To serve cold, bake as directed, and then cover and chill 8 hours.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!