Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Fusilli Fruit Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a surprise?, pasta in fruit salad! If you want a shortcut, buy the cantaloupe, already cut, in the produce section of your grocery store. This salad is best when the fruit and dressing are chilled separately before serving.
What You'll Need
- 2 ounces fusilli (corkscrew) pasta, uncooked (2-2/3 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 1 cup seedless green or red grapes
- 1 (8-ounce) carton peach low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- Lettuce leaves
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- Combine pineapple, pasta, melon, and grapes in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, yogurt, and sour cream; cover yogurt dressing, and chill.
- Toss strawberries with fruit mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined salad plates. Drizzle with yogurt dressing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!