Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Saucy Apples 'n' Pears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Hr 15 Min
Cooked and served directly from the slow-cooker, our versatile and delicious Saucy Apples 'n' Pears dish can be served as a side dish or, even better, as a fruity dessert.
What You'll Need
- 3 cooking apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 3 ripe pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Place the apples and pears in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Combine syrup and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Pour syrup mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Tuck cinnamon sticks into coated fruit mixture.Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; gently stir mixture into fruit.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting an additional 15 minutes or until thickened; remove cinnamon sticks. Serve warm over ice cream or waffles; sprinkle each serving with pecans.
Store leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave until warm; avoid stirring as much as possible, so as not to break up fruit. You can also serve this as a side dish with pork chops or pork tenderloin. And, when entertaining the gang, serve this fruity dish directly from the slow cooker so that it stays nice and warm.