Make Ahead Refrigerator Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A lettuce salad that we can make ahead of time? Sure! Wanna know how we do that without the salad wilting? The trick is in the layers. The ingredients don't get mixed together till we toss the salad just before serving!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium-sized head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce then half the red peppers, onion, green peas, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese.
- Repeat layers then top with bacon bits. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving (see Note).
Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
Make a dessert instead with the help of our recipe collection, 40 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts.
- We've got more layered salad recipes we know you'll love like our Chilled Stacked Salad and Seven Layer Potato Salad.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 346
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 736mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.