Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich is perfect any time of the year, whether we grill or pan-fry it. Close your eyes, wash it down with your favorite bubbly beverage, and you'll be back at the state fair all over again. And this time you won't have to pay for parking!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound hot Italian rope sausage, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup beer (optional)
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add peppers, onion, and salt; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage and beer, if desired, and cook 10 to 15 more minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide mixture onto hoagie rolls and serve immediately.
Just a Suggestion!
- If you want these to be a bit saucier, feel free to top each sandwich with 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce -- just don't forget the napkins!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!