South of the Border Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Olè! Close your eyes and take a bite of this colorful salad, and you'll think you're in a Mexican restaurant. To make it even more authentic, serve it in a crunchy tortilla bowl.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1¼-ounce) envelope dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2¼-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 4 tortilla bowls (optional, see Note)
What to Do
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning mix over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat; drain and allow to cool slightly.
- In each of the tortilla bowls, layer lettuce, beans, ground beef mixture, tomato, cheese, and olives. Dollop with the sour cream and salsa and serve.
Check out my easy recipe for Tortilla Bowls. ADD LINK TO TORTILLA BOWLS. If you'd rather serve this without making tortilla bowls, just layer the salad in individual bowls or a large glass serving bowl.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 585
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36g 56 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 81 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 37g 73 %
- Cholesterol 127mg 42 %
- Sodium 1,681mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.6g 38 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?