Hot Cocoa Dippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For that friend who always has their hands around a hot cocoa mug during the holidays, these Hot Cocoa Dippers will be a welcome treat. Easy to assemble and decorate, these make for a great last-minute Christmas gift idea!
What You'll Need
- 24 small or large candy canes, unwrapped, divided
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place a candy cane in the center of each marshmallow; set aside. Place remaining candy canes in a resealable plastic bag and using a mallet, finely crush. Place in a bowl.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening; microwave 1 minute, stir, and continue to heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Dip marshmallows in chocolate, covering all sides and letting excess drip off. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
For gift giving, wrap in cellophane paper and tie with a decorative ribbon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!