Hot Cocoa Dippers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For that friend who always has their hands around a hot cocoa mug during the holidays, these Hot Cocoa Dippers will be a welcome treat. Easy to assemble and decorate, these make for a great last-minute Christmas gift idea!
What You'll Need
- 24 small or large candy canes, unwrapped, divided
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place a candy cane in the center of each marshmallow; set aside. Place remaining candy canes in a resealable plastic bag and using a mallet, finely crush. Place in a bowl.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening; microwave 1 minute, stir, and continue to heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Dip marshmallows in chocolate, covering all sides and letting excess drip off. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
For gift giving, wrap in cellophane paper and tie with a decorative ribbon.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!