How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cheese board is like an edible piece of art thatâ€™s perfect for tasty entertaining. Our tips for how to build the perfect cheese board will surely add excitement to your next gathering.
What to Do
The Perfect Cheese Board
- Serve 3 to 5 types of cheese in different styles, tastes and textures. More choices than that can be overwhelming. A good start would be a soft cheese like Brie, a firm cheese like Cheddar and a blue-veined cheese like Roquefort.
- Build your cheese board around a theme, such as cheeses from a particular region or different milks such as from cows, sheep, and goats.
- Garnish your cheese board with colorful, edible ingredients such as grapes, apples, tomatoes, celery, and dried berries.
- Put out separate dishes with a variety of gourmet olives (Kalamata, Nicoise, Spanish), pickled vegetables (gherkins, artichoke hearts, peppers), lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, macadamias, almonds), and a selection of mustard varieties for dipping.
- Offer a choice of different breads, crackers and biscuits in a choice of shapes and flavors.
- When serving, remove the wrapping from cheeses but leave rinds on.
- Provide a cheese knife for each cheese, to avoid mixing flavors. Before serving, bring cheese to room temperature for optimal flavor by removing them from the refrigerator for up to, but no more than, 2 hours prior to serving.
If you liked these tips, be sure to check out all of our favorite cheesy recipes in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!
- Table Setting 101
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- Easy Recipes for College Students
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Dynamite Dip Tips
- Substitutions Save the Day
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn