How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cheese board is like an edible piece of art thatâ€™s perfect for tasty entertaining. Our tips for how to build the perfect cheese board will surely add excitement to your next gathering.
What to Do
The Perfect Cheese Board
- Serve 3 to 5 types of cheese in different styles, tastes and textures. More choices than that can be overwhelming. A good start would be a soft cheese like Brie, a firm cheese like Cheddar and a blue-veined cheese like Roquefort.
- Build your cheese board around a theme, such as cheeses from a particular region or different milks such as from cows, sheep, and goats.
- Garnish your cheese board with colorful, edible ingredients such as grapes, apples, tomatoes, celery, and dried berries.
- Put out separate dishes with a variety of gourmet olives (Kalamata, Nicoise, Spanish), pickled vegetables (gherkins, artichoke hearts, peppers), lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, macadamias, almonds), and a selection of mustard varieties for dipping.
- Offer a choice of different breads, crackers and biscuits in a choice of shapes and flavors.
- When serving, remove the wrapping from cheeses but leave rinds on.
- Provide a cheese knife for each cheese, to avoid mixing flavors. Before serving, bring cheese to room temperature for optimal flavor by removing them from the refrigerator for up to, but no more than, 2 hours prior to serving.
If you liked these tips, be sure to check out all of our favorite cheesy recipes in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
Table Setting 101
Easy Recipes for College Students
Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
How to Freeze a Casserole
20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
How to Plan a Perfect Buffet
How to Make a Puff Pastry Braid