Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cheese board is like an edible piece of art thatâ€™s perfect for tasty entertaining. Our tips for how to build the perfect cheese board will surely add excitement to your next gathering.
What You'll Need:
What To Do:
The Perfect Cheese Board
- Serve 3 to 5 types of cheese in different styles, tastes and textures. More choices than that can be overwhelming. A good start would be a soft cheese like Brie, a firm cheese like Cheddar and a blue-veined cheese like Roquefort.
- Build your cheese board around a theme, such as cheeses from a particular region or different milks such as from cows, sheep, and goats.
- Garnish your cheese board with colorful, edible ingredients such as grapes, apples, tomatoes, celery, and dried berries.
- Put out separate dishes with a variety of gourmet olives (Kalamata, Nicoise, Spanish), pickled vegetables (gherkins, artichoke hearts, peppers), lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, macadamias, almonds), and a selection of mustard varieties for dipping.
- Offer a choice of different breads, crackers and biscuits in a choice of shapes and flavors.
- When serving, remove the wrapping from cheeses but leave rinds on.
- Provide a cheese knife for each cheese, to avoid mixing flavors. Before serving, bring cheese to room temperature for optimal flavor by removing them from the refrigerator for up to, but no more than, 2 hours prior to serving.
If you liked these tips, be sure to check out all of our favorite cheesy recipes in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've taken quiche to a whole new level with our Steakhouse Onion Quiche recipe. You won't believe the savory flavors that melt together in your mouth! There's so much steak and ooey gooey cheesiness in this one dish that the family just won't be able to resist.
How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
How to Make a Puff Pastry Braid
Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
How to Freeze a Casserole
20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
Trade Proof School Lunch Tips
Easy Recipes for College Students
Tips to Cool Down Hot Peppers
How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing