Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says packaged stuffing can't be delicious? Get the same great taste and flavor of homemade stuffing with the shortcut benefit of using a store-bought stuffing by adding one of these easy options below. Or, add one of these special touches to your own favorite homemade stuffing recipe for an even tastier version.
Dress up your store-bought packaged stuffing with one of these additions:
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms sauteed with salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, chopped celery, and chopped onions sauteed in olive oil until tender
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed and browned (turkey sausage is a lighter option)
- 3 fresh pears or apples (tart), skinned, cored, and chunked
- 1 cup raisins, also replacing the liquid the recipe calls for with apple juice
Use more or less based on your personal taste and how large of a batch you make. The amounts above are for a recipe that will feed 6-8 people.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!
- Table Setting 101
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Watermelon Keg
- Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
- Top 10 Tips for Baking Perfect Pies
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- How to Make a Gingerbread House
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies