How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Substitutions Save the Day
- Decorating Easter Eggs
- Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
- How to Fix Thanksgiving Dinner Mistakes
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- How to Make a Gingerbread House
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes