Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- How to Make a Gingerbread House
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- How to Use a Chimney Starter
- Onion Recipes, Tips, Tricks, and How-To's