Greek Lamb and White Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In this Mediterranean twist on traditional chili, lamb and cannellini beans replace ground beef and kidney beans, then Cheddar cheese and sour cream give way to feta and yogurt. We give this version 2 thumbs up!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
What To Do:
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb and onion, stirring until the lamb crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place lamb mixture in a 5- or 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
Process 1 can of beans in a food processor until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in remaining beans, tomatoes, roasted peppers, beef broth, wine, parsley, chili powder, and Greek seasoning.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours. Top with feta cheese just before serving.
For a nice added touch, serve with plain yogurt and pita bread wedges.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've taken quiche to a whole new level with our Steakhouse Onion Quiche recipe. You won't believe the savory flavors that melt together in your mouth! There's so much steak and ooey gooey cheesiness in this one dish that the family just won't be able to resist.