Homemade Microwave Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Never made our Homemade Microwave Pickles? What are you waiting for?! The farmer's market is full of fresh cucumbers and we're not wasting any time turning them into our favorite homemade snack. With the help of the microwave, we can make pickles way faster than our grandmas ever could, and now we can have them homemade whenever we want!
What You'll Need
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a microwaveable 2-quart bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Microwave uncovered at 80% power 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow pickles to cool.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Check This Out!
There are so many ways to enjoy cool and refreshing cucumbers. We'd like to suggest our Creamy Cucumber Salad as another tasty option!
- Don't stop there! We've got so many more great microwave recipes right here.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.