Apple Chiffon Mousse
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can use your own homemade applesauce or store-bought applesauce. Either way, you'll feel great serving this fancy-tasting, easy-making mousse. And if you want a little variety, whip up some Very Berry Sauce. I don't think the mousse has to have it, but for a simple gourmet-looking and gourmet-tasting dessert for that fancy dinner party, it'll work like a charm!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- VERY BERRY SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, egg whites, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream; fold it into applesauce mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into an 8- or 9-inch square pan. Freeze until firm or overnight.
- Meanwhile, to make Very Berry Sauce, mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup; stir until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch mixture and the reserved fruit liquids. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and become clear. Remove heat and let cool.
- Stir in the berries; stir in the liqueur, if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut frozen mousse into 9 squares. Top each serving with some of the sauce.
You can freeze the mousse in individual molds or custard cups, if you like; simply invert to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".