Apple Chiffon Mousse
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can use your own homemade applesauce or store-bought applesauce. Either way, you'll feel great serving this fancy-tasting, easy-making mousse. And if you want a little variety, whip up some Very Berry Sauce. I don't think the mousse has to have it, but for a simple gourmet-looking and gourmet-tasting dessert for that fancy dinner party, it'll work like a charm!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- VERY BERRY SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, egg whites, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream; fold it into applesauce mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into an 8- or 9-inch square pan. Freeze until firm or overnight.
- Meanwhile, to make Very Berry Sauce, mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup; stir until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch mixture and the reserved fruit liquids. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and become clear. Remove heat and let cool.
- Stir in the berries; stir in the liqueur, if desired. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut frozen mousse into 9 squares. Top each serving with some of the sauce.
You can freeze the mousse in individual molds or custard cups, if you like; simply invert to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!