Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen crispy treats
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Remember those crispy marshmallow-rice cereal treats we all grew up on? Here they are, with chocolate chips. Mmm! And what's even better about these Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats? They're made in the slow cooker!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 1 hour. Stir marshmallow mixture (see Note). Add cereal and chocolate chips, stirring well to coat.
- Drop cereal mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until firm or, if you can't wait for the candies to harden at room temperature, try popping them in the fridge for a quick cooldown. Store in an airtight container.
You can also press cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch pan and cut into desired pieces, or scoop out mixture with a cookie scoop. Use cooking spray on spoons, scoops, and hands to help minimize the stickiness.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!