Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen crispy treats
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Remember those crispy marshmallow-rice cereal treats we all grew up on? Here they are, with chocolate chips. Mmm! And what's even better about these Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats? They're made in the slow cooker!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 1 hour. Stir marshmallow mixture (see Note). Add cereal and chocolate chips, stirring well to coat.
- Drop cereal mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until firm or, if you can't wait for the candies to harden at room temperature, try popping them in the fridge for a quick cooldown. Store in an airtight container.
You can also press cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch pan and cut into desired pieces, or scoop out mixture with a cookie scoop. Use cooking spray on spoons, scoops, and hands to help minimize the stickiness.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.