The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Patriotic Petits Fours
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
When we're feeling patriotic, nothing is more all-American than a refreshing slice of watermelon! These novel watermelon-packed Patriotic Petits Fours are a super fresh fruit option to the usual dessert petits fours.
What You'll Need
- 12 (3-inch) cubes seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 candied almonds
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Arrange watermelon cubes on a serving platter.
- Place pineapple on several layers of paper towels and top with more paper towels. Press to remove as much juice as possible.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla then mix in pineapple until well combined.
- Place pineapple frosting in a resealable plastic bag. Cut off one corner of bag and decoratively pipe frosting onto each watermelon cube.
- Place an almond in the frosting of each petit four. Sprinkle with raw sugar and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!