Patriotic Petits Fours
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we're feeling patriotic, nothing is more all-American than a refreshing slice of watermelon! These novel watermelon-packed Patriotic Petits Fours are a super fresh fruit option to the usual dessert petits fours.
What You'll Need
- 12 (3-inch) cubes seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 candied almonds
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Arrange watermelon cubes on a serving platter.
- Place pineapple on several layers of paper towels and top with more paper towels. Press to remove as much juice as possible.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla then mix in pineapple until well combined.
- Place pineapple frosting in a resealable plastic bag. Cut off one corner of bag and decoratively pipe frosting onto each watermelon cube.
- Place an almond in the frosting of each petit four. Sprinkle with raw sugar and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.