Fresh Apple Turnovers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish-style dessert is just what you need after a long day, and you won't even mind making them because this easy apple turnover recipe uses shortcut puff pastry. Served by themselves or with a scoop of delicious ice cream, you can't go wrong with our stress-free Fresh Apple Turnover recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold puff pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into center of each puff pastry square, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush edges of each square with mixture. Fold each square into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush top of each puff pastry with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These easy apple turnovers can be frozen and heated in a 425 degree oven for about 4 minutes.
- Don't forget to check out these other 34 Easy Apple Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 352
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 9.3g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 249mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.