Pina Colada Trifle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The pineapple has always been a welcoming symbol. Our pineapple-packed Pina Colada Trifle is sure to be a welcome and novel dessert, making it one of the best potluck dishes around!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4-serving size) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9-inch) round angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 8 maraschino cherries
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Using a wire whisk, beat 30 seconds then let stand 2 minutes, or until thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a trifle dish or glass bowl, layer half each of cake cubes, pudding, pineapple, and coconut. Repeat layers and top with cherries. Cover and chill 1 hour.
To toast shredded coconut, spread it on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Watch carefully so it won't burn.
If you prefer, you can make these in individual dessert dishes. And if you'd like even more of an "adults only" pina colada flavor, you can drizzle rum over the cake cubes before layering.
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 408
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 428mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!