Pistachio Pick Ups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We fancied up these buttery, vanilla cookies with a little bit of cinnamon and some crunchy, chopped pistachios. Our Pistachio Pick Ups are an absolute delight, especially during the holiday season!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, then add the 1/2 cup sugar, whole egg, and vanilla. Beat until light. Add the flour and salt, blending well. Chill for several hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness, then cut into 1" x 2" strips. Place the strips on ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and pistachios. Brush the dough strips with the egg white, then sprinkle with the topping mixture. Bake for 8 minutes, until light golden.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheets.