Shortcut Chocolate-Glazed Donuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Shortcut-Chocolate Glazed Donuts pair perfectly with a cup of coffee on a weekend morning. Your whole gang will thank you!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water; mix well to make glaze and set aside. Separate biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using an apple corer or a sharp knife, cut out a small circle in the center of each biscuit, forming doughnut shapes.
- In a soup pot over medium high heat, heat 1 inch of oil until hot but not smoking.
- Cook doughnuts in batches about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- While still hot, dip doughnuts in glaze, turning to coat completely. Place on a wire rack that has been placed over a baking sheet, to allow excess glaze to drip off. Serve warm.