Watermelon Dream Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These dessert bars are made with summer's juiciest fruit! Our Watermelon Dream Squares are a real dream come true. From the buttery crust to the fresh-tasting layer of watermelon cream, there's nothing you won't love about this potluck-perfect dessert.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 5 cups watermelon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (1-ounce) package unflavored gelatin
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, and the butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture evenly into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups watermelon juice, the lemon juice, milk, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon zest; mix well until sugar dissolves, then set aside.
- Place remaining 2 cups watermelon juice in a medium microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle gelatin over juice. Let sit 2 minutes, or until gelatin is absorbed. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes, or until liquid is smooth after stirring. Stir gelatin mixture into watermelon mixture. Slowly pour over prepared crust.
- Place in freezer 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture is set. Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, garnish each bar with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf.
- For more info and great recipe ideas using watermelon, check out www.watermelon.org.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 162
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 117mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.