Homestyle Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sit back and relax while our throw-together, one-pot recipe for Homestyle Short Ribs cooks up. Filled with hearty, baked beans and meaty, beef short ribs, this is one easy comfort dish you're gonna love eatin'!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup barley
- 2 (16-ounce) cans vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine water, short ribs, potatoes, onions, carrots, and barley over high heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Stir in beans, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 40 minutes then skim off fat and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!
- Yummy Mummy Dogs
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Honey Mustard Bologna
- Root Beer Dogs