Homestyle Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sit back and relax while our throw-together, one-pot recipe for Homestyle Short Ribs cooks up. Filled with hearty, baked beans and meaty, beef short ribs, this is one easy comfort dish you're gonna love eatin'!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup barley
- 2 (16-ounce) cans vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine water, short ribs, potatoes, onions, carrots, and barley over high heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Stir in beans, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 40 minutes then skim off fat and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Root Beer Dogs
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Mini BBQ Meat Loaves
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs