We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Me-oh-my-oh, the best part of this jazzy concoction is that it makes you feel like you're down on the bayou. Have some fun!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and rice to bacon drippings and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until rice is golden, stirring frequently; remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook chicken and sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown. Return rice mixture to skillet, then add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and black pepper; mix well, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add shrimp and cooked bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 878
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51g 79 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 84 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 75g 150 %
- Cholesterol 370mg 123 %
- Sodium 2,673mg 111 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 0.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.