We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Me-oh-my-oh, the best part of this jazzy concoction is that it makes you feel like you're down on the bayou. Have some fun!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and rice to bacon drippings and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until rice is golden, stirring frequently; remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook chicken and sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown. Return rice mixture to skillet, then add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and black pepper; mix well, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add shrimp and cooked bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 843
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 42g 64 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 80g 160 %
- Cholesterol 351mg 117 %
- Sodium 2,986mg 124 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.