We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Me-oh-my-oh, the best part of this jazzy concoction is that it makes you feel like you're down on the bayou. Have some fun!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and rice to bacon drippings and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until rice is golden, stirring frequently; remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook chicken and sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown. Return rice mixture to skillet, then add chicken broth, tomato sauce, and black pepper; mix well, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add shrimp and cooked bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 843
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 42g 64 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 80g 160 %
- Cholesterol 351mg 117 %
- Sodium 2,986mg 124 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!