We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're from the state of Lousiana, then you're likely to have grown up with some version of this dish. Our Louisiana Stew is a rich tomato-based stew that features classic ingredients like okra, tomatoes, shrimp, and smoked sausage. It's a stew that'll really wake your taste buds up!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound frozen pre-cooked shrimp, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil and saute sausage and onion, until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, okra, Old Bay seasoning and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until stew begins to thicken.
- Stir in shrimp and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.