We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're from the state of Lousiana, then you're likely to have grown up with some version of this dish. Our Louisiana Stew is a rich tomato-based stew that features classic ingredients like okra, tomatoes, shrimp, and smoked sausage. It's a stew that'll really wake your taste buds up!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound frozen pre-cooked shrimp, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil and saute sausage and onion, until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, okra, Old Bay seasoning and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until stew begins to thicken.
- Stir in shrimp and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"