We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This "N'awlins" inspired hearty one pot recipe for Shrimp Gumbo takes advantage of all the down-in-the-Bayou seasonings and flavors. Turn it into a seafood style gumbo by simply alternating the shrimp for other seafood or fish.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper, and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, okra, and water and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Serve immediately.
Served over rice or with some crusty bread for dunking and you've got a complete meal. We've got a great recipe for Cheesy Herbed Onion Bread that will be a great go-along with this!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 201
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 136mg 45 %
- Sodium 959mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 3.1g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 0.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!