Jolly French Toast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Our Jolly French Toast Bake will leave you feeling as jolly as everyone else in the morning. With a festive taste, and very little fuss, you can enjoy spending time with your gang instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13- inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread slices in a single layer in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread slices. Cover and chill 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Try this simple maple vanilla syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract over low heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Serve warm over the French toast.
- If you liked this Jolly French Toast Bake, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
- Plus, if you love this French toast casserole, be sure to check out more breakfast bakes in our collection of Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.