Jolly French Toast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Our Jolly French Toast Bake will leave you feeling as jolly as everyone else in the morning. With a festive taste, and very little fuss, you can enjoy spending time with your gang instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13- inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread slices in a single layer in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread slices. Cover and chill 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Try this simple maple vanilla syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract over low heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Serve warm over the French toast.
- If you liked this Jolly French Toast Bake, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
- Plus, if you love this French toast casserole, be sure to check out more breakfast bakes in our collection of Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
A platter of crispy sweet potato pancakes is always welcome for holiday entertaining. This healthy pancake recipe is our twist on the spuds, making great use of sweet potatoes as a tasty alternative. We especially love this recipe as the weather starts to get chilly, but don't be afraid to make these tasty bites any time of the year!