French Toast in a Mug
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Breakfast on-the-go just got even better with our French Toast in a Mug recipe! In just about two minutes you can have a decadent breakfast that tastes like the perfect cross between french toast and rich bread pudding. Add a drizzle of syrup to take it over the top!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in mug and press down lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and let soak in for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high 1 minute, then add 10 seconds at a time till it's set.
- We used challah bread for this but feel free to use whatever bread you have on hand.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- There are lots of yummy dishes you can prepare with a mug and a microwave! Try our Chocolate Mug Brownie and our Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble for 2 delicious options!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).